Friday, February 13, 2009

STEALING FROM THE BLIND



It's easy to tell the difference between a $1, $5, $10 or even $50 bill -- that is, if you can see. But, if you're blind like more than 1 million Americans, a simple shopping trip becomes a game of blind trust.
Tempers flare when a store clerk gives incorrect change to blind person.

Because U.S. bills are not distinguishable by size, shape or texture, visually impaired people can't distinguish dollar amounts without assistance.

They frequently have to rely on salesclerks or nearby strangers.

But what if the clerk or stranger is dishonest? ABC News wanted to find out how people would respond if they noticed a cashier shortchanging a blind customer.


3 comments:

  1. I didn't know more than a million people were blind in America. Time to start tripping over some people, lol. jk. That would seem very dishonest to take advantage of someone who is disabled. They should start using brail on our money from now on. Everything has to be equal and fair for the rest of our remaining populous. That's why we offer ramps in every schools and facilities for wheel chair accessibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised about how much cowards people really are. Do one even attempted to kick his ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not steal from the blind-and I think whoever does is the lowest form of human there is... I would tell the woman her drink has been tampered with. And I already answered your baby in the hot car question, but I do have one slight revision to my previous answer. I would remove the baby from the car, then shoot the parents and then notify the authorities... before I would have notified the authorities then shoot the parents...

    ReplyDelete